Congratulations to Rogers Agency (Mitzi, Matt, Justin, and David) for their Ad Council win! They are this month’s featured members, so keep reading their interview and don’t forget to check out their amazing work.
1. Tell us about yourself, personally and creatively (mini bio).
With our various backgrounds and experiences, our passion for storytelling is our common thread. We each bring a unique perspective to every project; and by working together, we’re able to get to the heart of the stories we bring to life through video.
2. What brought you to the Zooppa community?
After the pro bono work we did for the local chapter of AHA, Matt thought we’d be interested in participating in the AHA project for Zooppa…. and he was right!
3. What do you like most about crowdsourced projects? !
We enjoy a good competition, because we feel it inspires better work.
4. Name 3 artists that have influenced your work.
Andrew Kramer, Vsevolod Pudovkin and Yousef Karsh
5. Where do/did you go to school? How has your education influenced your design?
We all went to college in different parts of the country. Again, our varying backgrounds influence how we perceive a story as much as the way we tell one.
6. What is your favorite style and artistic medium to work on?
7. Where can we find you on a Saturday afternoon?
Recharging our batteries! We’re fortunate to live in a fairly mild climate that lets us enjoy all the seasons while still enjoying the outdoors year ‘round. But if it’s too cold or rainy to go hiking, paddle boarding, boating or beaching, we’re probably inside binge watching our favorite shows.
8. Choose 5 words to describe your art.
Emotional, authentic, story-driven, thought-provoking, compelling
9. What projects are you currently working on?
We are working on a variety of TV commercials and web video projects that range from automotive and retail to medical and home improvement.
10. What drew you to participate in this campaign? i.e. – did the brief catch your attention, the award money, the love for the brand?
We were drawn to this campaign through both personal and professional experiences. We’ve met several survivors locally through our work with the American Heart Association of Hampton Roads, and unfortunately, we’ve lost loved ones to heart disease. We hope that our work on projects like this will help spread the word about heart disease and prevent future losses.
11. What is one piece of advice you would give to your fellow Zooppa community members?
Failure is one of the greatest things you can experience when you are willing to embrace it and learn from it. Don’t let your ego get in the way and make excuses for a failure. Don’t quit either. You’ll get better at your craft or become a better person if you accept the failure. Then you’ll know how to do better next time!
12. 10 years from now where will we see you and your artwork?
We plan to continue working to help companies grow their businesses, and we look forward to further opportunities like this one that help raise awareness about issues that improve or save lives.
13. Doing anything fun with your award winnings?
Invest in ourselves and help our company continue to grow.