18 Flares 18 Flares ×Digital marketing is constantly changing and social media has revealed to have an enormous impact on any marketing plan today. Social media is indeed a must use tool for every company that wants to succeed in today's digital world. Here are some key trends to get started on this year!
- Live Streaming Video Although YouTube is still the number one contender for video sharing today, live streaming services are becoming more popular for businesses that aim to be more transparent and creative with their audience. Twitter's Periscope, Facebook Live, and Instagram Stories are the top three free live streaming services on social media today.
- The Rise of Chatbots A chatbot, a service powered by rules and sometimes artificial intelligence, is something a person or customer can interact with via chat interface. They've become increasingly popular, and are used for a variety of things including: improving customer experience, automating tasks, and assisting in data retrieving processes. Businesses will most likely take advantage of this to establish a stronger relationship with their customers.
- More Expiring Social Content Snapchat has popularized the concept of short-lived social content, and other apps were quick to follow. Facebook-owned Instagram has just adopted this feature of 'stories' this year. There is obviously a tight competition between Snapchat and Instagram in this sense, and businesses will most definitely use both apps for their digital media campaigns.
- Merging of Social Media Platforms Make sure to keep an eye out for consolidations of different social media platforms. Facebook bought WhatsApp, Instagram, and Oculus Rift. Microsoft bought LinkedIn, and Twitter bought Periscope.
- Harder Acquisition of Organic Social Traffic Obtaining organic traffic is becoming difficult for all social media marketers. Back then, it just took regular posts on Facebook and Twitter to grow. However all social media networks have changed their algorithms and removed chronological timelines. Your business is ultimately invisible unless you utilize paid ads. Because of this, marketers should pursue a multichannel strategy to maximize any marketing campaign.
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality AR and VR have already seen large successes in 2016. These two trends are only going to continue growing, especially with Facebook already experimenting with lenses and masks on Facebook Live.
- More Personalized Content Personalized content is becoming extremely important because the traditional ads are becoming more obsolete. Many marketers today is taking advantage of Facebook re-targeting which allows them to choose a more specific audience. Relevant content leads to consumers recalling a brand which leads to interaction with the company and ultimately becoming a loyal customer.
- Increase Usage of Social Influencers 47% of online consumers are using Adblockers. Marketers have now turned towards social media influencers to create authentic content to establish a trust to their audience. 84% of marketers today are looking forward to using at least one influencer marketing campaign within the next 12 months.