For those of you who are lucky enough to have traipsed off to some sunny, exotic paradise for spring break, congratulations, you’re destined for a great week.
However, for those of us who haven’t managed to escape the miserable clutches of reality, spring break typically only serves to act as a reminder of our inadequacy to our vacationing counterparts. But do not despair! For we at Zooppa have compiled a list of 10 things to do this break to quell those feelings of bitterness and jealousy:
- Read that book you’ve always wanted- Stop making excuses for not reading that book you’ve always wanted to tell everyone you’ve read. Pick up that copy of Anna Karenina. Impress.
- Have a spa day- Treat yourself. What you are missing in vitamin D, you can make up for in massages.
- Brunch- There is arguably nothing more comforting than sitting down with friends and family to brunch.
- Volunteer- Yes, we know. Hardly relaxing. But think about the satisfaction you’ll get when the spring breakers ask what you did over break, and you can reply with “helping the orphans.”
- Shop and Splurge- With all the money you saved by not going on a trip, you can afford to treat yourself to that one frivolously lavish purchase you’ve always dreamed of.
- Do something outdoorsy- Kayak, hike, sail, you’ll feel refreshed. Unless the weather is terrible. Then sit inside and drink some cocoa.
- Take a class in something- Enrich your life; sign up for yoga, art, sculpting, or music classes.
- Buy a dog- Curb your heightened spring break feelings of loneliness.
- Watch a mind-numbing movie- anything with Jennifer Anniston usually does the trick.
- Eat, Drink, and Be Merry- If all else fails, eat and drink yourself into oblivion. Or at least until you get to relish in your colleagues’ post holiday blues next week.
- Special Bonus Activity: Create a video for our Contiki: Your Story Goes Here video competition on Zooppa! Live your spring break fantasy through the magic of film. $15,000 in awards up for grabs! Read the brief here!