Do you ever feel like your Zooppa work would be perfect if only they had that little extra something? Ever have a great idea for an ad that you just don’t have the tools to realize? Well, listen… It happens to everyone sometimes. That’s why we put together this collection of links.
Here, you’ll find some educational materials and free editing tools to help you get your concepts off the ground, and lots of copyright free music and sound effects to help you put those finishing touches on your videos.
It’s especially important that none of your Zooppa ads contain any copyrighted material. Below are resources for inexpensive/free content. However, it’s important to note that just because content is free, doesn’t make it legal to use in a winning Zooppa submission.
In order to use a piece of music, an image, or video footage, you must have proper legal permission to use the content in a commercial venture. Please check your license terms very carefully. After all, if you submit, you are in fact transferring copyright of your content to the client.
Online Creative Resources List
Filmmaking Tools and Training:
- Mashable’s Video Toolbox offers over 150 ways to make, polish and share videos.
- Aviary.com offers a free trial version of their image editor, filter editor, color manager, and vector editor.
- The Pond5 Public Domain Project is a collection of copyright-free multimedia content that is available for free search and download.
- Filmscriptwriting.com helps teach filmmakers how to write and format a script through various tutorials and lessons.
- YouTube has a bunch of video editing tutorials. Here’s a couple of our favorites:
Find Composers for Original Music:
- Directory of Composers offers a list of talented artists ready to provide original music for your next film.
Free Stock Image Resource:
- IM Free is a free resource where you can search for imagery by category or specific keyword.
Stock Music resources
- Partners In Rhyme
Photos and Graphic Design Training resources:
- YouTube has some great Photoshop tutorials.
- Can Stock Photos
Discounts for Zooppa:
- NeedMusic is a small team of musicians wanting to bring great music to the world in the easiest ways possible. Zooppa and NeedMusic have joined forces to bring Zooppers an exclusive deal on music for videos. With this fantastic deal, members pay only $45 for 1 year of unlimited downloads and access to NeedMusic.com, with full commercial licenses.
- Soundrangers is a sound effect and production music database offering Zooppa discount codes on a by project basis. Check the resources listed on the project page to find the discount code and percentage off.
- iStock is offering Zooppers a 15% discount on select projects when you buy 6 or more credits through their site! Check out the brief pages to find out if the discount is being offered on a particular project.
- FilmSkills.com is an online education platform that offers courses taught by Hollywood directors on topics such as scriptwriting, production, post-production etc. Zooppers may use discount code ‘zooppa’ to receive 15% off a 3 month, 6 month, or 12 month subscription.
- Moviola is an establish learning portal dedicated to the art of filmmaking. Moviola is offering a free 3 month Pro Membership to Zooppers who sign up with code ZOOPPA.
- Film and TV Pro USA and UK are online networking and recruitment services for film and television professionals offering Zooppers a third off their Premium Membership using discount code 1417.
- CreatorUp is an education platform for creative professionals to master new creative skills from entertainment pros. Take your projects to the next level with online courses on cinematography, commercial directing, YouTube businesses and more. CreatorUp is offering Zooppers 25% Off and of their awesome classes when you use code ZOOPPA.
Notes on Copyright:
- Music in your submissions must be original or must be accompanied with a license to use commercially, without restrictions or additional fees
- Any stock video footage or imagery must also have licenses (note: some contests do not allow use of stock materials so be sure to check the brief first)
- Take a look at creativecommons.org to learn about Creative Commons licensing (many times attribution is required)
- For any materials used in your submissions that come from the web, please send direct links!
Did we miss a good resource? Let us know at [email protected].
Now get out there and start creating!