Calling all writers! Word has it that there’s a great script writing contest underway brought to you by the folks at scripped.com.
For the month of May they are holding a contest for whoever can deliver them the next best script treatment. So here are the details.
- The story should be completely original, and feel free to use any kind of dramatic medium you’d like (Film, Theatre, TV, etc).
- A script treatment is a detailed summary of the entire story, close to the tune of a SparkNotes summary.
- Feel free to break it into sections like logline/concept/theme and then cover the summary of scenes.
- If you feel like writing a basic prose style narrative then go right ahead, the format is ultimately up to you! If you need some ideas for your format, then check out this site: simplyscripts.com.
- Treatments should be 3-10 pages in length.
- If you are a member of Scripped PRO, then your submission is free! If not, then a small fee of $15 is required.
- The writer with the best script treatment gets $250! And the deadline is May 31st!
There you have it, Zooppsters! Now go get to your top secret writing area where all your best ideas live!