Our newest Featured Member comes to us via Sofia, Bulgaria. With a passion for film and photography Minkov is always on the hunt for creative opportunities. Check out his mouthwatering win for Knorr !
We can’t wait to see what else he has cooked up.
1. Tell us about yourself, personally and creatively.
My name is Kristian Minkov and I am a photographer. I have been shooting mostly food photography in the past few years but I am interested in other genres as well (for example landscape, portrait and animal photography). I am open minded and artistically creative person with a wide range of interests overall. I also enjoy making videos when I have an opportunity to do so.
2. What brought you to the Zooppa community?
The first time I learned about Zooppa was from an e-mail asking me if I would like to participate in a “Kinder” photo shoot contest.
3. What do you like most about crowdsourced film contests?
I like the Zooppa website and crowdsourced film contests because they provide me with the opportunity to work at home and leave me time for other activities.
4. Name Photographers that have influenced your work.
Movies like “Once Upon a Time in the West” from Sergio Leone and “Blowup” by Michelangelo Antonioni have been very influential for me. Recently I’ve enjoyed the work of Peter Joseph, because of it’s environmental and social relevance.
5. Where do/did you go to school? How has your education influenced your photography?
I have a bachelor degree in photography from New Bulgarian University in Sofia and I learned many things about moviemaking there. One of those things was the fact that I enjoy creating socially relevant movies that promote thinking and environmental preservation.
7. Where can we find you on a Saturday afternoon?
On a Saturday afternoon I can be found shooting food at my home or traveling to a new place I have never been to.
8. What projects are you currently working on?
I am currently working on another food photography project!
9.Choose 5 words to describe your work.
The 5 words that best describe my art are; Creative, natural, social, simple and global.
10. What drew you to participate in this campaign? i.e. – did the brief catch your attention, the prize money, the love for the brand?
I was drawn to this campaign so I can develop professionally and because I liked the prizes.
11. What is one piece of winning advice you would give to your fellow Zooppa community members?
Any advice I would give to my fellow Zooppa members is to be creative but as professional as possible.
12. 10 years from now where will we see you and your films?
In 10 years I imagine being known worldwide for my photography and work with movies.
Check out more of Kristian’s work on his Behance profile!